The Instructor Sight
is so named because it tells you when you are pointing to shoot correctly or incorrectly. This fiber optic shotgun sight addresses the most common problems the shooter encounters, especially cross eye dominance and raising their head off the stock. Shotgun sights have long needed to provide shooters with vastly different images. With the Instructor Sight this has been accomplished.
- 40 percent of people are left eye dominant while only 11 percent are left handed. This shotgun sight can train most people to use the correct the eye through the principles of binocular rivalry. When shooting with the correct eye, a clear green fiber optic dot is seen but if the shooter attempts to use the cross dominant eye a bright red dot warns him he is aiming with the wrong eye.
- Dictate eye dominance rather than sacrifice your natural coordination by trying to shoot on your opposite side. Practice with the Instructor Sight can train a shooter to shoot with the correct eye. Repeatedly mounting the shotgun allows the shooter to exert a strong degree of voluntary control over which eye is used when using the instructor sight.
- Raising the head off the stock may be the most common mistake that shooters make. The result of raising the head off the head off the stock is over shooting the target. Two distinctly different images, as illustrated on this page, provide the shooter with an excellent sight picture with a single green dot or a clear warning with two bright red dots if he is about to shoot improperly.
- Shooters with color blindness also benefit from this fiber optic shotgun sight because the central green fiber optic appears brighter than the two red fiber optic tubes. Shotgun sights have never offered such an opportunity for the color blind.
- For the beginner these shotgun sights are tremendously helpful in developing the proper sight picture and inhibiting the development of bad habits.
- For the experienced shooter it will inhibit even established bad habits and reinforce better shooting patterns. Even the most experienced can be assured that these shotgun sights can provide rapid acquisition of the proper sight picture.
- You can have your cake and eat it too. By training your eye dominance through the principles of binocular rivalry employed in this shotgun sight, most people can train eye dominance and avoid the need to switch shooting sides. This should also translate to using the proper eye to shoot with a rifle. Repeatedly mounting the shotgun for acquiring the proper sight picture will reinforce proper shooting habits.
- The Instructor Sight is very easy to install. Four powerful neodymium magnets allow the sight to be snapped onto the rib. If hunting in heavy brush, strong double stick tape is included for additional strength.
- The Instructor Sight is a significant advancement in the design of shotgun sights. For shooters with significant cross eye dominance issues or raising their head off the stocks, it is not untypical for them to double their scores. Others may see less improvement but most shooters should see some improvement by using our shotgun sights.
One seconds hesitation can put up to 25 yards between you and your target! The Instructor Sight will help teach you to shave down the time it takes to target and fire while increasing your accuracy, by providing a clear, bright signal indicating that your barrel is properly aligned.